Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Coconut Milk

As a Malaysian coconut milk is one of the essential ingredient in cooking. We use coconut oil in pretty much every dish. Curry, rendang, nasi lemak, bubur kacang, etc etc. But don't worry, I'm not talking about cooking with coconut milk or santan. Damn. I am such a terrible cook ok. Everybody knows that. teeheee

I just wanna write about using coconut milk for hair. Yes. When it comes to hair I will give a lot of damn about it. I mean, I care about my hair more than my skin. Yeahh I'm a weirdo sometimes. Everytime I feel my hair is dried out or brittle or frizzy all over I get freak out. Then immediately I will brag about going to the salon to get trim. (that explains why I MUST check in to salon every 3-4 months). 

I've always known that coconut milk is good for hair. But I never give it a try. Don't know why. I'd done egg mask for my hair couple of times before but never coconut milk. So I thought why not? So far I had done this treatment two times. I used pure coconut milk for my first trial. The one that can be found at retail shop or morning market only. But it's hard to find any retail shop nearby my place. So I used the processed one. They are easier to find. And they give the same result. Any brand is okay I guess. I used the Ayam Brand one. The milkier the better since I want to moisturize my dry hair. I have such a thick hair so I used the whole box. -.-'
And I also mixed it with lime juice for my itchy scalp and also to reduce the smell. 




Be sure to use a towel to cover your neck because your hair will be soaked with the milk. After you have done with the soaking cover up your head with shower cap. Or like in my case, plastic bag. haha. I ain't kidding. It has been a long time that I use shower cap so I just used plastic bag instead. :P

Leave it for about an hour. The longer the better. Then go take a shower and wash your hair as usual. And taadaa. You will love the result as I do. My hair is more damp and manageable. Oh I also added two table spoon of olive oil into my shampoo. They give me smoother hair. hihi. 


I don't know why I wrote this actually. Just feels like sharing. Thats all. hahaha. Very odd. Thank you for reading!


-roger and out-


No comments: