Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Being 22




A 21+ year-old picture of me. I was a heavy baby back then with the weight of 3.8kgs.
Sebab mama mengidam durian masa kandungkan aku dulu. So I was born big and bulky and chubby just like a durian. hahaha

Anyway, turning 22 is a bless. I really appreciate the warm wishes. Especially those who had wished me personally. 
I wish I could thank mama for carrying me for 9 months. And for delivering me naturally. For raising me. For making my childhood memories a happy one. 


I remember being so close with her. So damn close as if we were going holiday somewhere and if mama couldn't tag along I wouldn't as well. Lantak lah pergi melancong ke. Jalan jalan ke. Kalau mama tak pergi, jangan harap la aku nak pergi sama.
Gedik kan? :P


And then I remember racing back home from school just so that I could wave her goodbye before she went to work. As a nurse, sometimes she had her 2-9pm work shift. So she had to leave home from work at around 1.20pm or so. Me, as a school kid, would finish my school at 1.10pm. So I only had about 10minutes to get my ass back home before she leaves. I would ride my bicycle as fast as I could. Gila gelabah. Sebelum pergi sekolah mesti pesan, "mama jangan pergi kerja lagi tau selagi adik tak balik sekolah."


Same thing happened if she had a 7am-2pm shift. I will wake up early at around 6.15am just to have a 5-minute waving session. 


She is the strongest woman I know. And I miss her so much.




No comments: